Python programming summary for Parents
Computer programs are created to automate repetitive tasks. It include concepts like loops, events and algorithms to simulate simple and complex tasks. Through these coding classes children learn to collaborate with others meaningfully, investigate different problem-solving techniques, persist in the face of difficult tasks, and improve their analytical skills. By the end of this course, students create their very own custom game or story that they can share
Python is a higher level language used to create Graphical User Interfaces (GUI) programs both web and installed applications and has become very popular because of its ease of getting started and learning. This like Java / C is one of the most popular languages to start programming.
Python coding if learnt on an on-going basis can focus on advanced logic based games, visual applications, or activities. Algorithms and complex programs can be practised on an on-going basis to increase the analytical and logical capabilities of the child.
Prerequisites for Online / Physical Classes
- Computer Knowledge:
- Ability to use a laptop, keyboard and mouse
- Connect online and work with Zoom; Chat, Voice, video and Screen sharing.
- Basic operating system file management features : creating, copying, deleting
- Navigating terminal (command prompt).
- Level of Mathematics Knowledge
- Two digit addition, division, multiplication, division
- Basic geometry (coordinates and angles/ degrees, circles, rectangles, lines, square)
- Area, Volume of different figures.
- Lack of knowledge in some concepts can be still considered, but there will be lesser grasping of Programming in those areas.